Health Dangers of Watching the Super Bowl Football Game
Other than the US elections, rarely anything makes Americans as anxious as the Super Bowl. This game is played on the first Sunday of February every year, making it one of the most chaotic days. Moreover, this day is no short of dangers for your heart and health, as we shall see shortly.
How Watching the Super Bowl can Affect Your Health?
Here are some common Super Bowl health risks you should look out for:
- May Lead to Severe Anxiety
NFL is a season where people have put a lot of hopes and prayers at the back of the professional players. This love and hope come from the desire to win, and just fathoming loss can cause extremely high levels of anxiety in the audience. This anxiety can be a bad thing for people with conditions, potentially leading to other serious problems.
- Can cause you Blood Pressure to Surge
The Super Bowl carries a lot of emotions with itself. These emotions can often be triggering, and the game can lead to a variety of them. Anxiety, rage, fear, and sorrow (all) can cause triggering reactions in the body, which shoot up your blood pressure. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause serious complications or problems in most cases.
- May Lead to a Heart Attack
People suffering from obesity or heart disease would be better off not watching the Super Bowl unless they have the inherent capacity to bear the loss. The various triggering emotions caused by the Super Bowl results put them at severe risk of a heart attack. This thing has occurred to a good number of people in the past, and hospitals are certainly on alerts this time around.
Watching the Super Bowl in Different Scenarios
However, also note that the Super Bowl health risks may vary depending on the circumstances in which you are watching the game. Examples are given below:
Watching Alone or with People
Here’s how your company impacts you when watching the Super Bowl:
- If you are watching alone, the results of the game may be a bit too shocking for you.
- If you with people close to you, it will prove to be a source of consolation for you, so the health risks are less probable.
- If you are with people you do not know, like a bar, you may be impacted depending on which team the majority supports. It’s better to be with people that support your team.
- If you are watching the game in the stadium, things have the potential of getting out of hand.
If you suffer from a condition and cannot avoid watching, we recommend watching it at your home with your friends and family.
If you are panicking right now after reading this, we have good news for you. While your heart and health are in serious danger, factually, only a few people fall victim to them every season. Therefore, you can enjoy watching the Super Bowl as long as you are not someone with prior conditions.