I have been diagnosed with Sjogrens, Raynauds and radiculopathy?

I have been diagnosed with Sjogrens, Raynauds and radiculopathy. I’ve had epidural and facet injections in my L4, L5 and S1. I recently had a ultrasound that showed I had two superficial veins that needed to be closed. One near my right groin area and one in the the back of my right calf. It is only in my right leg. My body is inflamed and I feel that I have some other disease not yet diagnosed. I tried to get a second opinion from a vascular surgeon but where I live they want a referral. However my insurance does not require a referral. Should I get a second option or have the procedure done on my vein? What type of doctor should I see?

Age: 47
Medications: Gralise 600mg at bedtime, tramadol 50 mg 3 times a day, Skelaxin 800 mg as needed, Tizanidine HCL 4 mg 2 at bedtime
General Information: Everyone on my dad’s side of the family has some type of autoimmune disease.

2 Comments on “I have been diagnosed with Sjogrens, Raynauds and radiculopathy?

  1. There is a huge difference between closing a superficial vein and a deep vein. Superficial veins return a small % of the blood – normally this is in the 10% vicinity. So – if it were me – I would go ahead with the recommended procedure. As far as a second opinion is concerned, a vascular medicine specialist would provide you with a solid second opinion.

  2. Hello there!
    For the vein issues I’ll recommend you to go and visit a Vascular surgeon who can clear your doubts about the necessity of the procedure. For the Sjögren, Raynaud… I’ll recommend you to visit a rheumatologist. Having an autoimmune disease(s) can be complicated for diagnosis and treatment, if you feel that you can have something that isn’t diagnosed yet the rheumatologist can clear all your doubts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *