I have a 2.5cm spot on my Iliac Bone. Should I be concerned and demand an MRI?
I visited my doctor because of my lower back pain. It causes sleepless nights and decreases my daily activities. The pain is worse when laying down, sitting down or walking/running. My doctor sent me for an xray that showed I have a 2.5cm spot on my Iliac Bone. The doctor then sent me for a Bone Scan and here are the results. Should I be concerned and demand an MRI?
1. Increased uptake in the mandible more so on the right
2. Slight increased activity in the right temporal area is noted on the lateral view of the skull though unlikely to
be a lesion.
3. There is a small focus of mild increased uptake in the right posterior 10th rib. This is not well-visualized on the lumbar spine films. This could be a fracture though other considerations including neoplasia
are not excluded.
4. The uptake at the hips is mild.
5. There is mild periarticular uptake at the shoulders.
Chronic Lower Back Pain/Sometimes mid back pain
Ongoing for nearly a year
No injuries, no personal history of cancer (although I have a huge history of cancer in my family), hysterectomy surgery in June 2016. No other surgeries or major illnesses.
U do not need an MRI
U need parathyroid hormone levels and glands checked
Hi and welcome to question doctors .com
It is mostly a hormonal disorder all metabolic disorders get your phosphorus calcium and parathyroid checked
instead of an mri or any similar investigations,a detailed hormonal assay should be done. consult a endocrinologist.
mri as such doesnt seem to be necessary in this case. no harm in getting it done though. get parathyroid scan done
YES,GET AN MRI DONE SO THAT ANY DISEASE WONT GO UNDIAGNOSED. IF THERE IS ANY DOUBTFUL LESION ON MRI,GET THE NECESSARY BLOOD INVESTIGATIONS DONE.